All props will be checked at the door before you enter the venue and any items that do not adhere to the rules above will not be allowed into the event. Staff cannot store any banned props. If the venue has a cloakroom you may be given the option to store your prop for the duration of the convention at your own cost, but please be aware that not all venues have cloakrooms so you should not rely on this option.
Coloured tips should be suitable and proportionate enough to identify the weapon as a prop from a distance. All weapons will also be subject to a separate tagging system check on entry.
When traveling to and from the venue or simply relaxing outside be mindful that not everyone knows about cosplay. Realistic props could cause worry or concern for the safety of the public. Please keep ALL props covered and stowed away at these times, this is also for your own benefit as it could stop unnecessary interaction with police.
Costume Size and Construction
- We welcome and encourage any costume that falls within the rules outlined above, but ask you to be aware of the following:
- You must be able to get through a standard size door unaided
- For any costumes over 6ft 5in or wider than 6ft you must be accompanied by an experienced spotter at all times
- We have no restrictions on tails or trains, but ask you to be aware in busy areas to avoid becoming a trip or slip hazard
- No hard and sharp pointy bits
If you do have any questions or have a query not covered in these guidelines feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org